dgg goat logo.
Loading ...

Are you over 21?


Yes I'm over 21

Not 21 years of age or older?

Click Here For More Info

Purchasing and Possession

Is there a marijuana tax in Montana? How do I not pay marijuana tax?

View all questions

Yes, there is a statewide 20% tax on recreational cannabis in Montana and an additional 3% tax in Missoula County. 

If you would like to avoid paying the 23% taxes on the statewide and local recreational cannabis, we recommend applying for a medical marijuana card through the state which will bring your overall taxes on Montana THC products down to 4%. Apply here to become a member of the Montana Medical Marijuana Program.

Have More Questions?
Contact a Dispensary

Got a cannabis question you can't find the answer to? Give a Dancing Goat dispensary a call at one of our locations in Missoula, Seeley Lake, and Harve, Montana. Our team of professionals will help you get the information and cannabis products you need.