Get Your Card - Montana Medical Marijuana Card
The first step in obtaining your Montana Medical Marjuana card is meeting with a qualified physician to find out if cannabis is right for you. There are several different qualifying conditions that a physician might recommend cannabis for.
We can help you setup an appointment with a qualified physician.
Once you receive a recommendation from a qualified physician, Dancing Goat Gardens will process your recommendation with the State of Montana.
The State of Montana will issue you a temporary card within 30 minutes which you can use to purchase. A physical card usually arrives within a week.
Ready to get started?
Give us a call: (406) 420-6979
Still have questions?
Chat with us or check out our frequently asked questions.
Appointments available now
Give us a call at (406) 420-6979 or share your details and we'll
reach out to help you get started:
Montana Medical Marijuana Card - Frequently Asked Questions
Once you receive a recommendation from a qualified physician, the State of Montana will review your application. New patients typically receive there cards within a week.
Cards are valid for one year or for a shorter period of time if specified by a qualified physician. Don’t worry, we’ll email you a reminder to help you renew your card before it lapses.
- positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, or acquired immune deficiency syndrome when the condition or disease results in symptoms that seriously and adversely affect the patient’s health status
- cachexia or wasting syndrome
- severe chronic pain that is persistent pain of severe intensity that significantly interferes with daily activities as documented by the patient’s treating physician
- intractable nausea or vomiting
- epilepsy or an intractable seizure disorder
- multiple sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- painful peripheral neuropathy
- a central nervous system disorder resulting in chronic, painful spasticity or muscle spasms
- admittance into hospice care
- post-traumatic stress disorder
Registered cardholders may possess the following:
- one (1) ounce of marijuana flower OR
- eight (8) grams of marijuana concentrate OR
- 800 mg of THC in marijuana infused products or edibles OR
- Sixteen (16) .5 ml vape cartridges OR
- Eight (8) 1 ml vape cartridges
one (1) ounce of marijuana flower = eighty (80) ten-milligram servings, or 800mg of THC in marijuana products or edibles = eight (8) grams of concentrate = eight (8) ml of vape cartridges
If you purchase ½ ounce of flower, you would also be able to purchase four (4) grams of marijuana concentrate OR 400 mg of infused products or edibles OR four (4) 1 ml vape cartridges OR eight (8) .5 ml vape cartridges
Yes, if all the following requirements are fulfilled:
- A parent or legal guardian of a minor child may apply for the minor child to be on the registry
- If growing marijuana for the minor, the parent or legal being needs to register and be approved as a Marijuana Infused Products Provider (MIPP) OR name a provider on behalf of the minor
- A completed Physician Statement for Minors is approved and signed by two doctors
No, individuals under the supervision of the Department of corrections or a youth court are not eligible to be on the Montana Marijuana Program.